About Me

My photo
I am a full-time mama with a passion for writing and talking to fascinating people. I live in a one horse town with a Cowboy and my son. Thank Lord for cyberspace! I lived a colourful life in Sydney for a number of years. Working in advertising and journalism for FPC and the Sydney Morning Herald. During my time in Sydney I competed in a Dragon Boat race, choreographed a dragshow, used the Share Accomodation advertisements as a way to meet men and was told by Noiseworks frontrunner Jon Stevens that I was a bitch! Then came the decision to move back to country for 3 months to help out my Father with newspaper business while he was having treatment. Convinced I was a city girl I was caught by surprise when I fell in love with a farmer (and no, he didn't want a wife... still doesn't it seems!) convinced him that we needed to see the world, popped off to Vietnam to teach english in Saigon - before realising that the "food" in Nam didn't agree with me... turned out to be Monte - my son who is now with the Cowboy and I back in country NSW! I am in a wonderful stage of my life where I am focusing on the things that really make me tick. Including writing these chronicles.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Blogs I quite like...


I like it when blogs I like list blogs they like.
(I like it when I am on that list too, albeit it has happened but once... cheers Kathy!)
So below is my part one of blogs I like.
By no means is it a definitive list.
I have made it my profession to seek out blogs and every minute the Prince sleeps I spend crazily googling for blogs that inspire.
Please help me make better use of my time and send me links to great blogs , yours included. I will review and write about if it grabs me.
I have only been blogging since August I have met some great people through this medium already.
Who'd have thunk it?
I oft' complain that I have no friends in this little old town- well thank God for the blogosphere!
Meeting interesting and inspiring folk from all over the world!
I hope I can actually meet some in person some day. Might add that to my list methinks.

OK... stuff i really like - please note, I do get inspiration from other Mama's who have an edge, but I am not a strictly Mama only bloglover - not by a longshot.
I tend to like funny, quirky, or honest, heartfelt and inspirational. Not much to ask really.

Here is the list...........

Girl Gone Child... I have mentioned this lass before - because she is such a good writer (who has a book published as a result of her blog) and her words really come to life.
She is a Mama of two but still cool - and that inspires me!!!
For some reason before becoming a Mama I couldn't shake the frumpy mama idea and it scared the bejesus out of me. Rebecca Woolf from GGC makes being a Mama the new black.
I have asked her for an interview because of my goal to speak to people who have what I want (ie - the book) - I haven't heard back yet. But I wait.

Little Miss Moi - i have just discovered this one, and it is early days. But I think I like it.
Another inspirational Mama. From what I have read, she appears to be a real go- getter, fluent in many languages and has many travelling ambitions.
The blog started in the Kyiv, Ukraine and she is now in Darwin, Australia
Worth a peep.

Consumption Rebellion - This one, I just take my hat off to (the one I made of course)
An interesting experiment / way of life - inspirational.
Her blog started out as a record of how her family did not buy anything brand new for a year. Having completed that and gaining an awareness on why she buys she now attempts to consume without exploiting. Interesting.

Ranting and Rolling - the author, Laura Mourdant is one I met through Blogher - a massive networking site for women bloggers.
Our babies are 5 days apart - and though we are half way across the world from each other (she is a Canadian living in England) we seem to have a lot in common besides hitting similar milestones with our little ones. Laura is also in a small town, shares my new Mama anxieties and seeks inspiration in all she does. Maybe we should do a house/life swap sometime?

Oddly enough, this woman's description sounded familiar to me. A once black pump wearing LA lady she popped off to the country momentarily and fell in love with a rugged cattle rancher and had kids. Describing herself as a desperate housewife that channels Lucille Ball and Ethel Merman! Now her days are "spent wrangling children, chipping dried manure from boots, washing jeans and frying calf nuts"
She has really made it as a blogger too, awards and the like.
I have asked her for an interview, but no response yet. I sort of feel like the OZ version of Ree, minus the calf nuts... I hope one day I will be too busy to accept interview requests - she is my idol!

Lessons from the Monk I married - you may have read about this interesting lady in my interview. She has an inspiring, positive life outlook with remarkable tales from her life.


That is all for now.

Do you have a blog? Or do you know of one that might fit my criteria - love to have a look and maybe interview you if it takes my fancy....or just list you for having a great read...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovin' your thoughts leave them here or email me direct.
Oh and Hi!