About Me

My photo
I am a full-time mama with a passion for writing and talking to fascinating people. I live in a one horse town with a Cowboy and my son. Thank Lord for cyberspace! I lived a colourful life in Sydney for a number of years. Working in advertising and journalism for FPC and the Sydney Morning Herald. During my time in Sydney I competed in a Dragon Boat race, choreographed a dragshow, used the Share Accomodation advertisements as a way to meet men and was told by Noiseworks frontrunner Jon Stevens that I was a bitch! Then came the decision to move back to country for 3 months to help out my Father with newspaper business while he was having treatment. Convinced I was a city girl I was caught by surprise when I fell in love with a farmer (and no, he didn't want a wife... still doesn't it seems!) convinced him that we needed to see the world, popped off to Vietnam to teach english in Saigon - before realising that the "food" in Nam didn't agree with me... turned out to be Monte - my son who is now with the Cowboy and I back in country NSW! I am in a wonderful stage of my life where I am focusing on the things that really make me tick. Including writing these chronicles.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Cowboy's Photos



Did I tell you that this One Horse town is literally the Earth's flattest part?

The Earth is so flat the walls are jealous

(sorry talking about flat made me remember when I was pre-pubescent my cruel brother once said to me I was so flat the walls were jealous, it never left me--)

I would hazard a guess it is also the Earth's hottest part.

Geeeeez it was hot yesterday - I actually wrote a letter to Winter (in my facebook status update anyway) pleading for it to make a guest return... and, oddly, it is cool today.

Since some people loved the Wedge Tailed Eagle pics last time here is another. Cowboy risking limb and nose to capture it for me.

Some other Aussie outbacky scenes from out and about where Cowboy works.

A far cry from my days of living smack bang in the middle of Sydney's Oxford Street.

I am building a website at the moment.

I lie - my talented friend is - I am thinking of having a "Cowboy's Picture" segment.

What do you think? Do you like them?






4 comments:

  1. Great pics Sharni!! I love the Kangaroo one, makes me feel all nostalgic for Australia!
    Did you see my photos from the Dunedin road trip the other day? I took one especially for you, made Luke pull over on the side of the road and everything just so I could get the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Three horse town!!! hahahah you are classic! Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Kangaroo, side of road! *sigh* I want to see kangaroos. We don't have anything cool. I drive down the road and say "cow". See, not cool. My kids think I'm a dork. But, if we had kangaroos and I said that, I think their reaction would be different! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you are not kidding when you say it is flat!! Great photos, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Lovin' your thoughts leave them here or email me direct.
Oh and Hi!