About Me

My photo
I am a full-time mama with a passion for writing and talking to fascinating people. I live in a one horse town with a Cowboy and my son. Thank Lord for cyberspace! I lived a colourful life in Sydney for a number of years. Working in advertising and journalism for FPC and the Sydney Morning Herald. During my time in Sydney I competed in a Dragon Boat race, choreographed a dragshow, used the Share Accomodation advertisements as a way to meet men and was told by Noiseworks frontrunner Jon Stevens that I was a bitch! Then came the decision to move back to country for 3 months to help out my Father with newspaper business while he was having treatment. Convinced I was a city girl I was caught by surprise when I fell in love with a farmer (and no, he didn't want a wife... still doesn't it seems!) convinced him that we needed to see the world, popped off to Vietnam to teach english in Saigon - before realising that the "food" in Nam didn't agree with me... turned out to be Monte - my son who is now with the Cowboy and I back in country NSW! I am in a wonderful stage of my life where I am focusing on the things that really make me tick. Including writing these chronicles.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ten Points Weekend




Welcome to the Ten Point Weekend. The segment where we summarise the weekend into point form and then rate it out of 10 - we also find a smashing headline that sums up the weekend.
Why? Oh why not I say.

The Weekends Headline from Chronicles base camp:

Cheap Drunk and Cowboy attend Football Presentations
sporting new hair and swinging moods

1. The washing decided our house needed extensions put on and started its own room
2. I went out on the town with my Cowboy for his Football Presentation night and bought the first bottle of wine for myself for 1 year and a half.
3. I took 3 hours to consume a glass
4. I then sculled glasses and glasses of water because I felt guilty (still feeding my son)
5. I was ready to go home at 9pm because I was tired. (sad)
6. Cowboy won the Coaches Award - so very proud of him - I take my hat off to him because he is so opposite to me - COMMITTED to a sport!!!
I am the antichrist of commitment - NEVER let me on your sporting team - I will let you down. There is no I in team, but there is Me (have just wanted to say that since I thought of it)
7. Our lawn is so long the on the Ant News the headlines are "Disaster - Lawn Change is here - evacuate immediately - " (ok that wasn't quite funny, but it is sunday night and I am hungover from my half a glass of wine)
8. Trying to switch the baby from boob to bottle - he is insulted by the very proposition and I wonder wonder how how the hell it is ever going to happen. Tried tonight and he looked at me as if to say "you have GOT to be joking"
9. I have come to terms with my hair. It is not so bad. I have just been hormonal - and change is never good when one is hormonal.
10. Going to watch a movie tonight -- can't remember what its called but it is a thriller with Liam Neeson in it. heard it was really crap once - but Milk and Seven Pounds were out. And the video shop is a petrol station so we were not spoilt for choice.

out of 10? I give the weekend 7 -

Highlight: Seeing Cowboy win a trophy
Lowlight: Being a moody son of a gun most of the weekend (big cheers to hormones)

What was your weekend in 10 points, your headline and your rating?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovin' your thoughts leave them here or email me direct.
Oh and Hi!