About Me

My photo
I am a full-time mama with a passion for writing and talking to fascinating people. I live in a one horse town with a Cowboy and my son. Thank Lord for cyberspace! I lived a colourful life in Sydney for a number of years. Working in advertising and journalism for FPC and the Sydney Morning Herald. During my time in Sydney I competed in a Dragon Boat race, choreographed a dragshow, used the Share Accomodation advertisements as a way to meet men and was told by Noiseworks frontrunner Jon Stevens that I was a bitch! Then came the decision to move back to country for 3 months to help out my Father with newspaper business while he was having treatment. Convinced I was a city girl I was caught by surprise when I fell in love with a farmer (and no, he didn't want a wife... still doesn't it seems!) convinced him that we needed to see the world, popped off to Vietnam to teach english in Saigon - before realising that the "food" in Nam didn't agree with me... turned out to be Monte - my son who is now with the Cowboy and I back in country NSW! I am in a wonderful stage of my life where I am focusing on the things that really make me tick. Including writing these chronicles.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Award Time



Fantasia times.
I love the support of people you get in the bloggy world.
Lovely Kathy from Lessons from the Monk I married and Writers Rising has awarded me not one but two blog awards.


I have seen on some people's blogs things like:
"I do not accept awards- please don't give me one" - why in the hell not?
It is hard in life at times to feel validated in what we do - little praises like this are the kind've thing that mean the world to me. Cheers Kathy!

I have recently awarded some folks who I love awards... so I am going to share the love and not double up.
I am going to make up my own category about what these awards are for...
I am going to give these two awards to 3 blogs and these are for blogs that inspire me to be a better person.....
Kathy, I could easily give this award back to you ...

Three very deserving inspiring bloggers and blogs:

1) Consumption Rebel - to the lovely Eilleen who although recently lost her bojo - continues to inspire through her integrity in living a life true to her self - and bringing awareness to others without being a preachy type.

2) Ranting and Rolling - to the lovely Laura in England (but is Canadian) who inspires me greatly through her dedication to her daughter Ella! She is very imaginative when it comes to raising her daughter who is only a little older than Monte - and because she is childcare and Montessori qualified I find her ways to be very inspiring - whether she knows it or not, I hope she now does!

3) The wonderfully supportive Heather from Heather Conroy's Verbal Report - I met Heather on She Writes and her blog always contains something thought provoking, I ALWAYS learn something new when I visit Heather's blog and she has become a wonderfully supportive friend also!

Thanks Kathy for the award, thanks to the gals above for inspiring me - and thanks to my parents, my son... my..

ok you get the idea

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your awards. You truly deserve them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharni-I totally agree with you...why the hell not? We write a blog to share our ideas, otherwise we wouldn't be on the blogosphere...to not accept an award or anything given in public doesn't make sense. I LOVE your attitude! Sometimes people give things to my husband, the ex-monk, in appreciation for what he does. He never rejects what is given...he smiles and says, "Thank you very much!" To give we have to also be able to receive. Love you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your awards Sharni-It's great to see you recognised for all the fantastic writing and interviewing you do. Thanks for acknowledging me- you made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Lovin' your thoughts leave them here or email me direct.
Oh and Hi!