About Me

My photo
I am a full-time mama with a passion for writing and talking to fascinating people. I live in a one horse town with a Cowboy and my son. Thank Lord for cyberspace! I lived a colourful life in Sydney for a number of years. Working in advertising and journalism for FPC and the Sydney Morning Herald. During my time in Sydney I competed in a Dragon Boat race, choreographed a dragshow, used the Share Accomodation advertisements as a way to meet men and was told by Noiseworks frontrunner Jon Stevens that I was a bitch! Then came the decision to move back to country for 3 months to help out my Father with newspaper business while he was having treatment. Convinced I was a city girl I was caught by surprise when I fell in love with a farmer (and no, he didn't want a wife... still doesn't it seems!) convinced him that we needed to see the world, popped off to Vietnam to teach english in Saigon - before realising that the "food" in Nam didn't agree with me... turned out to be Monte - my son who is now with the Cowboy and I back in country NSW! I am in a wonderful stage of my life where I am focusing on the things that really make me tick. Including writing these chronicles.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Good golly thanks Holly

I have been tagged by Holly from Mama Dearest / Domestic Goddess , who I have newly been recruited to read, and very glad that I have! A little bit of Holly after the festive season never hurt anybody I say!

So this tag is to reveal 10 honest to goodness truths about me...


1) I am paranoid and neurotic about feeding my son. I think I give him too many snacks during the day always thinking he might be hungry - and while giving him lots of healthy things to choose from I don't even feed myself - ie - yesterday I ate a packet of BBQ shapes. Really bad. Obsessed with his health and neglecting my own. I know, I know. (well i made up for this later and had healthy dinner - but while looking after Monte during day tis all I ate -- I know its bad and I'm onto it, before you say anything - and I wonder why I am so knackered at the end of day!! I dumb)

2) I love word challenges. People often call me if they need to come up with a name for something / competitions etc... When I was pregnant and bored I started entering heaps of competitions, letters to editors etc.. I won a power drill, and book on the Melbourne Cup. I am thinking of taking up Competition entering part time.


3) I am not very good at reverse parking, and it makes me feel nervous if a car is waiting behind me. I would prefer to park down the side street then to make a car wait for me reverse park.

4) I am very friendly, and talk to strangers. Even though I was a city slicker for many years I never lost this ability and I am pleased. Though sometimes I think Cowboy wonders why I bother talking to certain weird ones....

5) I am currently in a pickle trying to work out how I can be an excellent Mother, organise something magical that I am working on AND be a domestic goddess at same time. Eternal quest for Mothers? Probably. I feel guilty for wanting to work on a project that I am and not being full time to Monte. I know, I know

6) I suddenly have a family, sometimes I pinch myself to check that I am here with a Cowboy and a Son - it all happened so quickly and life turned on its head. But I am absolutely stoked with our life. It is the Simple Life - and there is something sooo sooo magical and wonderful about leading a simple life.
Although having said that working on some projects that will inject a little bit of complication - which I also thrive on from time to time....

7) I prefer the river to the ocean for swimming purposes. I lived right opposite Bondi Beach for nearly 4 years and swam in it once, then Coogee for 2 years and ... never. I grew up in the OHT and I prefer water that doesn't move, thanks anyway.

8) I believe in reincarnation, recent recruit to the belief mind you, but totally jiggy with it. I now have moral dilemmas when there are flies in my home.

9) All I want is a room somewhere, far away from the cold night air, with one enormous chair

10) Wouldn't it be lovely?

thats it - have a crack if you want to... not sure who to tag and can't be bothered doing the link thing because I'm tired.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous list! Am very impressed and your ability to talk to strangers. Being terribly shy, I'm completely shite at it but wish I wasn't.
    Mother guilt happens whatever you do, so enjoy your new project. It obviously brings you much joy and that will translate through to Monte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, I thought I posted a comment on here this morning. Baby braaaain. Thanks for the shout out woman and I am totally completely with you on 3, 4 & 8!

    ReplyDelete

Lovin' your thoughts leave them here or email me direct.
Oh and Hi!