About Me

My photo
I am a full-time mama with a passion for writing and talking to fascinating people. I live in a one horse town with a Cowboy and my son. Thank Lord for cyberspace! I lived a colourful life in Sydney for a number of years. Working in advertising and journalism for FPC and the Sydney Morning Herald. During my time in Sydney I competed in a Dragon Boat race, choreographed a dragshow, used the Share Accomodation advertisements as a way to meet men and was told by Noiseworks frontrunner Jon Stevens that I was a bitch! Then came the decision to move back to country for 3 months to help out my Father with newspaper business while he was having treatment. Convinced I was a city girl I was caught by surprise when I fell in love with a farmer (and no, he didn't want a wife... still doesn't it seems!) convinced him that we needed to see the world, popped off to Vietnam to teach english in Saigon - before realising that the "food" in Nam didn't agree with me... turned out to be Monte - my son who is now with the Cowboy and I back in country NSW! I am in a wonderful stage of my life where I am focusing on the things that really make me tick. Including writing these chronicles.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Butterfly Effect


Sometimes we  get so caught up in self-righteousness and festering anger that we can lose the present moment.
This weekend, a side of me I don’t like very much reared its ugly head.
Thankfully I was bought back down to Earth by a butterfly.
Yep don’t adjust your goggles, I was literally pulled out of my dark hole by a good old fashioned, wing flapping, flower hopping butterfly!
Who’d have thunk it?
I don’t know if there was a major planetary collision, or if the fairies that took my sleep gave me a severe case of cranky pant-it-is from hell but the last few days I have been in a really bad way.
The Cowboy and I have not been seeing eye to eye, nor have our eye to eyes been seeing much sleep, probably the cause of our eyes not meeting.
We decided a fix of the outdoors might help matters.
We packed up Monte and went for a walk to watch the cricket at the park.
The walk was mostly in silence though inside I was boiling.
Halfway I decided I couldn’t keep it inside anymore and unleashed a can of crankypants.
I picked a fight.
Cowboy failed to respond to my advances.
I could feel my frustration rising rapidly.
My fuse  was about a millimetre long and it short circuited.
Irrationally, I did an about turn and decided I wanted to be on my own.
I started legging it in the opposite direction.
“Where are you going?” Cowboy said bemused, pram in hand
“Home!” I yelled dramatically.
He yelled back to stop being so stupid.
Easily convinced I sauntered back over and decided that I would go along with them, I just wouldn’t talk.
This plan succeeded for about ten seconds before I launched into it again.
The more I spoke the more I became  wrapped up in my self-righteousness and hard done-byness (both legit words).
I had temporarily forgotten that the apple of our eyes, Monte, was right there sitting up in his pram soaking in the parental atmosphere from hell.
Just as I was about to take a short breath and start my next rant, Monte let out a grunt and a point and I noticed he was looking at a butterfly.
Please pop over here to read the rest..... :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovin' your thoughts leave them here or email me direct.
Oh and Hi!