About Me

My photo
I am a full-time mama with a passion for writing and talking to fascinating people. I live in a one horse town with a Cowboy and my son. Thank Lord for cyberspace! I lived a colourful life in Sydney for a number of years. Working in advertising and journalism for FPC and the Sydney Morning Herald. During my time in Sydney I competed in a Dragon Boat race, choreographed a dragshow, used the Share Accomodation advertisements as a way to meet men and was told by Noiseworks frontrunner Jon Stevens that I was a bitch! Then came the decision to move back to country for 3 months to help out my Father with newspaper business while he was having treatment. Convinced I was a city girl I was caught by surprise when I fell in love with a farmer (and no, he didn't want a wife... still doesn't it seems!) convinced him that we needed to see the world, popped off to Vietnam to teach english in Saigon - before realising that the "food" in Nam didn't agree with me... turned out to be Monte - my son who is now with the Cowboy and I back in country NSW! I am in a wonderful stage of my life where I am focusing on the things that really make me tick. Including writing these chronicles.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

I wish I was Tonia Todman


I came last in textiles at school. had a fear of sewing. (really i used to wag the class a lot because i was embarrassed i was so hopeless) in the end I got a boy to do my assignment for me. but now I really really want to learn to sew - but the fear is still with me. can someone hypnotise me into believing I am tonia todman?
I was very inspired by the genius of the Consumption rebel who made a dress out of a 50c tablecloth from vinnies and she just cut around the moth holes.
My hero.

pic not mine from here

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sharni! Thanks for the props! You know what? I got an "F" at sewing at school. I hated it. I blogged about it here: http://consumption-rebellion.blogspot.com/2009/09/but-im-not-creative.html

    I suggest go ahead and do it! Go to your nearest op shop and buy material you like (whether its a bed sheet, a shirt or anything) then go ahead and sew. If it doesn't turn out, then I'm sure you would have learned something and you haven't spent a lot of money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too I sat on the same pillowcase for 12 months. I was ordered to unpick it again and again. Adult life sees me picking slightly more ambitious projects. How difficult can it be I say whan I pop into Spotlight? Well it is a bit difficult but I have been amazed at what I can make. I just follow the pattern, and I drag out a dusty old Readers Digest sewing manual when I get stuck. That helps.

    ReplyDelete

Lovin' your thoughts leave them here or email me direct.
Oh and Hi!