About Me

My photo
I am a full-time mama with a passion for writing and talking to fascinating people. I live in a one horse town with a Cowboy and my son. Thank Lord for cyberspace! I lived a colourful life in Sydney for a number of years. Working in advertising and journalism for FPC and the Sydney Morning Herald. During my time in Sydney I competed in a Dragon Boat race, choreographed a dragshow, used the Share Accomodation advertisements as a way to meet men and was told by Noiseworks frontrunner Jon Stevens that I was a bitch! Then came the decision to move back to country for 3 months to help out my Father with newspaper business while he was having treatment. Convinced I was a city girl I was caught by surprise when I fell in love with a farmer (and no, he didn't want a wife... still doesn't it seems!) convinced him that we needed to see the world, popped off to Vietnam to teach english in Saigon - before realising that the "food" in Nam didn't agree with me... turned out to be Monte - my son who is now with the Cowboy and I back in country NSW! I am in a wonderful stage of my life where I am focusing on the things that really make me tick. Including writing these chronicles.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

The New ultimate life list (that I will keep adding to)

the ten things I must do was a warm up... with merit... but the list keeps writing itself...

have a book published. buy a completely new amazing wardrobe. travel Europe. buy a farm (outside a city). go to New York. learn to sew and make my own clothes. learn to cook better and healthier - and enjoy it. go to the Opera. travel from Mongolia to Russia. meditate daily. go on a spiritual retreat. own a holiday house. work for myself forever. live in another country for a year. become a champion kayaker. enjoy the present. plant a veggie garden. live simply. create an inspirational + practical bedroom for the Prince. prance (great word!) in a bikini. have an amazing collection of necklaces from around the world. start a shop online or real (youknowwhatimean) selling treasures from around the world. make stuff and sell it on etsy.com. have a garage sale. get an amazing hairstyle from someone who charges far too much. get house renovated to amazing standards. have an AMAZING house launch party when finished. launch an incredibly successful website. tour the world promoting my book(s) with my family. earn enough money from my writing to keep family comfortable. own a city pad in Australia. own a sleek dark coloured car. help my boy have a great self-esteem so he can be who he is. find some friends in this neck of the woods. or find them in cyberspace until such time as we move elsewhere. move to an inspiring town/city. drink lots of water daily. exercise daily. own incredible furniture. stay in touch with friends. go on a girls holiday with my besties from school. learn Bollywood dancing. Visit India. visit tigernest monastery in bhutan. go to Japan. go to China. Walk like an Egyptian. go to morrocco. learn web design. study something that I love and get a DEGREE!!! organise an excellent family event. study NLP. become a lifecoach. cross of these goals as i achieve them. get a skincare regime. buy new makeup. find new healthy foods to feed the boy. go on a romantic getaway without child. organise bloggers in this area to have a meetup (in the country). put together a baby disco. win an award for blog. be a paid columnist. learn interior design. learn more about feng shui. learn to make great coffee (own machine), learn and master Vietnamese cooking

ok that will do for now. I will add more when they strike.

Anything on this list you want to do?
What is on your list?

3 comments:

  1. I wish we didn't live half way around the world from each other. I think we could be good friends in mama-hood. While some things on your list don't interest me, the ones that do really strike a chord in my soul. I wish you good luck and enjoyment on your journey through all these goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list you have here. Hope you get to check them all off. Number one on your list is also one of my goals. Cheers to writing. :)

    Visiting from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like quite a list Sharni!!!!! I mentioned your blog on my most recent blog post!! I had trouble linking the interview, but your blog is there.

    Peace,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Lovin' your thoughts leave them here or email me direct.
Oh and Hi!