About Me

My photo
I am a full-time mama with a passion for writing and talking to fascinating people. I live in a one horse town with a Cowboy and my son. Thank Lord for cyberspace! I lived a colourful life in Sydney for a number of years. Working in advertising and journalism for FPC and the Sydney Morning Herald. During my time in Sydney I competed in a Dragon Boat race, choreographed a dragshow, used the Share Accomodation advertisements as a way to meet men and was told by Noiseworks frontrunner Jon Stevens that I was a bitch! Then came the decision to move back to country for 3 months to help out my Father with newspaper business while he was having treatment. Convinced I was a city girl I was caught by surprise when I fell in love with a farmer (and no, he didn't want a wife... still doesn't it seems!) convinced him that we needed to see the world, popped off to Vietnam to teach english in Saigon - before realising that the "food" in Nam didn't agree with me... turned out to be Monte - my son who is now with the Cowboy and I back in country NSW! I am in a wonderful stage of my life where I am focusing on the things that really make me tick. Including writing these chronicles.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

PT Session Three: Body Seizes



The face that launched 4 sets of 7 push ups




Just briefly. because my body right down to these typing fingers has seized up... finished PT Session number three.
My body is staging a protest.
"What do we want?" "No exercise" "When do we want it?" " now"
nausea is still with me.
I think I have corked thighs.
Is that a term? They feel corked.
He made us run an additional lap on last week and it was nearly the end of me.
Push ups? I am sorry. The only push up I have ever encountered is that of the Push Up Bra. Hence 4 sets of 25 didn't happen. I did 4 sets of 7 pushups.
one can only improve.
It didn't really help motivation when he said "This is just base level stuff"
meanwhile - Cowboy and I felt like we were about to knock on the door of Death's house
I exaggerate. But OW
Prince came along with us again.
I do find that motivating.
When I used to train in a group before - when it hurt - I used to visualise his face to get past the pain - now its easy I can see his face.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh He looks so serious and pensive! Is that the look he gives you while you are doing pushups?
    He is seriously cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha no, that pic was a few months ago - he is much lessed stressed now. He does motivational looks when I do push ups and squawks at me whilst clapping. If I had the Eye of the Tiger music accompanying his looks it would be the ULTIMATE motivation

    ReplyDelete

Lovin' your thoughts leave them here or email me direct.
Oh and Hi!