About Me

My photo
I am a full-time mama with a passion for writing and talking to fascinating people. I live in a one horse town with a Cowboy and my son. Thank Lord for cyberspace! I lived a colourful life in Sydney for a number of years. Working in advertising and journalism for FPC and the Sydney Morning Herald. During my time in Sydney I competed in a Dragon Boat race, choreographed a dragshow, used the Share Accomodation advertisements as a way to meet men and was told by Noiseworks frontrunner Jon Stevens that I was a bitch! Then came the decision to move back to country for 3 months to help out my Father with newspaper business while he was having treatment. Convinced I was a city girl I was caught by surprise when I fell in love with a farmer (and no, he didn't want a wife... still doesn't it seems!) convinced him that we needed to see the world, popped off to Vietnam to teach english in Saigon - before realising that the "food" in Nam didn't agree with me... turned out to be Monte - my son who is now with the Cowboy and I back in country NSW! I am in a wonderful stage of my life where I am focusing on the things that really make me tick. Including writing these chronicles.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Praise be to Blog


I am in a strange and wonderful place at the moment.
I have this inner sense of calm that I am where I need to be within myself.
God it's a good feeling!
I am running on intuition and it seems I keep meeting the right people at the right time.
It is hard to explain.
I find when I go with my 'feeling' rather than my head I get to where I need to be quicker.
I'm not sure how I am doing it - but I like it.
I just feel blessed to have met so many wonderful people.
No, they aren't in this one horse town (though yes there are some nice people here) - they are the people reading this.
YOU.
Honestly - the people I have met since becoming a blogger and joining writing networks such as She Writes and Blogher and Blog This- is incredible.
I really hope one day to meet many of you in person.
That would be excellent.
Today Alice Grist who I interviewed here (then cheekily hinted at a tarot reading) came to the party and I received a personalised reading from her.
This was a great honor particularly as I am still yet to get my hands on her book - the High Heeled Guide to Enlightenment.
Would you buy it for me for Christmas please?
I will post about my reading from her soon - but this post is about the wonderful 'stuff' and people that is happening and I am meeting.

The other thing is I have become a contributor (but haven't contributed yet) on a blog called Writers Rising, this was founded by a very inspirational lady - Katherine Jenkins who is the author of the site Lessons from the Monk I married.
It is a site for writers to share their work in a supportive atmosphere.
Let me know if you are interested in joining the ranks!
I am so inspired by Nikki a) because she lives in New Zealand and it looks beautiful (and now the Cowboy and I are seriously considering moving there) and b) because she is going to India.
I have ALWAYS wanted to go to India.
ALWAYS
I love the book Holy Cow by Sarah McDonald and I am a new recruit to the blog Lost and Found in India IN SPITE of the fact the author Braja is too busy to be interviewed on my chronicles :-)
I have a friend that OWNS a holiday cottage in GOA - how cool is that? I keep telling her one day, oh yes one day - when I feel confident enough to take Monte to the hectic charms of India - we will stay there.
Oh and Sarah Wilson - popular columnist, tv identity and social commentator has agreed to an interview for my blog - as in Women who do what they love.
I am stoked.... that is coming up soon
There has been heaps of other stuff inspiring me lately.... I can't think of it all now...
But honestly - thank-you because it has been the blogging that has sparked off this sense of contentment and almost.. enlightenment (??!!) in me!

Yes I feel enlightened ( a little)

Praise be to Blog!!!








8 comments:

  1. Oh, that is interesting about the Tarot reading, I'm looking forward to reading about it!

    Yay for moving to New Zealand!!!!! :)
    And definitely yay for India lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, only too busy NOW :))) Later, girl, later.... :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your positive vibe Sharni-All good things coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been amazed and honestly really feel blessed too to have met some wonderful friends doing this blog thing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to have you as an author on Writers Rising, we are steadily adding more authors. I look forward to reading and writing something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post. I have been trying for ages to stop thinking and stressing and just 'go'. It always works out better when I do, but I can't switch off my stress-head control freak. So I drown her in liquor!!! Bah ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it has been an absolute pleasure meeting you too and doing your reading! I'm so glad things are so busy and exciting for you! Looking forward to the blog about your tarot!!! Alice x

    ReplyDelete

Lovin' your thoughts leave them here or email me direct.
Oh and Hi!