About Me

My photo
I am a full-time mama with a passion for writing and talking to fascinating people. I live in a one horse town with a Cowboy and my son. Thank Lord for cyberspace! I lived a colourful life in Sydney for a number of years. Working in advertising and journalism for FPC and the Sydney Morning Herald. During my time in Sydney I competed in a Dragon Boat race, choreographed a dragshow, used the Share Accomodation advertisements as a way to meet men and was told by Noiseworks frontrunner Jon Stevens that I was a bitch! Then came the decision to move back to country for 3 months to help out my Father with newspaper business while he was having treatment. Convinced I was a city girl I was caught by surprise when I fell in love with a farmer (and no, he didn't want a wife... still doesn't it seems!) convinced him that we needed to see the world, popped off to Vietnam to teach english in Saigon - before realising that the "food" in Nam didn't agree with me... turned out to be Monte - my son who is now with the Cowboy and I back in country NSW! I am in a wonderful stage of my life where I am focusing on the things that really make me tick. Including writing these chronicles.

Friday, January 22, 2010

The Mystical Earring Delivery

Yesterday I was blow drying my hair (which I haven't done in eons) thinking to myself that I am going to make my staying at home mum'ness a little more glamorous.

Actually was inspired by Mia Freedman's book to try this on.

Because I am trying to work and Mama from home I  figured having my hair look nicer it might put me into a good headspace, or hairspace as it were.

While blow drying in the bathroom  Monte was walking around my bedroom .

After getting my hair half glam I thought to myself " I might wear earrings," I then went through my mind of the earrings that I own and decided why not go all out for the computer and wear my black dangly ones with the feathers on them.

I kid you not.

Not that I wear feathery earrings for the computer....

But what happened next...

At the very MOMENT this thought entered my head out strolled Monte from my boudoir with one of the aforementioned earrings in each of his hands and delivered them to me.

They were sitting on my bedside table.

Coincidence?

Or are we telepathically connected?

Cowboy laughed at this suggestion.

Me? I think there was something to it.

And God Damn! What a great connection to have with my son.

Right now I am thinking latte, latte, latte........

Have you ever felt telepathy or a connection with your baby / toddler / child? Or do you think this was just a coincidence?


I am not sure about coincidences myself, not sure if there are such things.


I have an idea that we all come into this world a little more connected and that we lose this ability as we get older and the modern world eats away at us.... 


Love your thoughts.... 

11 comments:

  1. *hand shooting up in the air classroom style* Oh, pick me, pick me!!! GG and I have so many moments like this. From when she was little and I would wake up just before she started crying for me, to when as soon as I think about doing some baking, she appears out of the kitchen with "her" mixing bowl in hand. We are definitely linked with our children, and maybe others in our life, but the mother-child bond is magical, strong and unbreakable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the time and it freaks me out...husband thinks i'm an idiot.
    I think everything happens for a reason, regardless of how trivial it seems.


    Okay, weird example...

    A lot of my friends turned born again Christian years ago and I always made fun of them. I don't do organised religion (guess that comes from being a Polish Roman Catholic).

    Anyhoo, after my boyfriend had dragged me to church I thought right, let's test this God/ Power of the Universe thang...

    If you can hear me make a fish jump.

    Fish jumped.

    Make another fish jump.

    Fish jumped.

    And again.

    What ever I thought.

    We returned home, put the boat away and were hanging out at a friends house. Their mother came and proudly showed us her latest flea market purchase...

    A painting of three fish jumping out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys would laugh wouldn't they? A mother and child are very in tune with one another so I think this little incidence runs abit deeper than just a coincedence :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh thats spooky!! def connected with your son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is def something about the mother child connection in the early years. I'm another who generally wakes up just before my kids get upset. I think, for me, it started with BFeeding. I swear my milk used to 'let down' as soon as they thought about feeding. It's so nice to be so utterly connected to them in the early years......but I don't think it lasts for ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is spooky. But I am a believer. If only I could crack the code for "sleep baby sleep."; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome! I knew Monte was a prodigy, but of telepathy?! Totally Awesomesauce.
    As Caz said, i don't assume it can last forever. Otherwise we wouldn't all feel so misunderstood by our parents in the teenage years. Though perhaps we are evolving as a species? One can hope!
    Give Monte a little 'well done' pat on the head for me, will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, of course I believe you are utterly in tune with Monte, and he with you. It's worth cultivating. Not sure how...I'll have a think on that. But whatever you do don't discourage it, I think it's so natural to all us humans to do that. But our society proclaims independence as the way forward. Which of course it is, at least on a physical level, we must learn to fend for ourselves. However on a psychic level, once that link is there, then surely it always will be, perhaps even surpassing death.

    Did you think that maybe he didn't tune into you, but you tuned into him? Perhaps he was already playing with your earrings, when you thought you should wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hubs and I have some freaky weird connection like this. We will talk about some obscure song or tv show or movie, and then it comes on. It is very strange.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes , I believe that we come in this world more connected and then we are conditioned to believe what we can see not what we imagine we see. Young children have a connection with their mums because they are still new in this world. When we ignore these incidences then we are in effect conditioning the child to believe it is wrong or not a good idea to show who they really are. I agree with Alice Grist about cultivating it. Try giving Monty an instruction telepathically and see what happens. I try it with my cat, but he still hasn't made me a cuppa yet! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, that is awesome, I don't believe in coincidences, definitely some kind of special connection that the two of you have. I think that children are just more tuned into that kind of thing because they haven't learnt yet that it's not possible.

    ReplyDelete

Lovin' your thoughts leave them here or email me direct.
Oh and Hi!