About Me

My photo
I am a full-time mama with a passion for writing and talking to fascinating people. I live in a one horse town with a Cowboy and my son. Thank Lord for cyberspace! I lived a colourful life in Sydney for a number of years. Working in advertising and journalism for FPC and the Sydney Morning Herald. During my time in Sydney I competed in a Dragon Boat race, choreographed a dragshow, used the Share Accomodation advertisements as a way to meet men and was told by Noiseworks frontrunner Jon Stevens that I was a bitch! Then came the decision to move back to country for 3 months to help out my Father with newspaper business while he was having treatment. Convinced I was a city girl I was caught by surprise when I fell in love with a farmer (and no, he didn't want a wife... still doesn't it seems!) convinced him that we needed to see the world, popped off to Vietnam to teach english in Saigon - before realising that the "food" in Nam didn't agree with me... turned out to be Monte - my son who is now with the Cowboy and I back in country NSW! I am in a wonderful stage of my life where I am focusing on the things that really make me tick. Including writing these chronicles.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Personal Training Session 1


-- smokin' hot body by summer goal progress update....

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle



PT was hard.
He let me stop because I was going to vomit.
It is so much more full-on to have a trainer watching my every move so I can't rest when he is not looking.
It is also hard when he is critiquing my ab crunching technique, it adds an element of extreme self consciousness that didn't exist in the non-personal training regime I am used to....
On the plus side the 'personal' part is good. It is good to have a trainer tell you approx how long til the SHB will be achieved and how it is going to happen.
It is nice for him to also give you added hope that it will happen if I just do x and y.
Being trained personally also adds an accountability factor - something I need.
It is a good outlet to burn out the stress accumulated from trying to change a babies nappy when he takes off across the room when I am trying to do it. (this IS stressful, it might sound funny, but I find it stressful!)
And oddly, It somehow gives you the energy you need to not sleep through the night.
OR gives you the ability to sleep through the baby crying through the night
Either one has got to be a good thing.
Sore today? Yes?
Felt happy afterwards despite nausea? Yes
Cowboy in attendance made it easier? Yes
Going tmrw night? Yes
Smokin' hot body coming up? See answers above
Just need to figure out what I should be eating to get the S.H.B
(important note: my actual goal is to be fit and healthy the SHB would be a nice side effect. I might reword my goal though because I feel like a real dickhead saying Smokin' Hot Bod, that is such the talk of a Cosmo reader... I have upgraded to Real Living... )

Has anyone else had a personal trainer?
How did you find it?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sharnia. I stalked out your blog, and well, here I am. I noticed you are wanting to renovate your house, anything in particular? We have slowly, over the last 5 years, renoated our house. Check it out if you get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharnia,
    I am on a farm and we have had a personal trainer for a while. Unfortunately he lives 1 1/2 hrs away so my cowboy and I have to motivate each other. After 4 kids and no sleep for 7 yrs its really hard but have both vowed next week we will get back into it!!! Good luck, would be great to see our PT a few times a week but distance is too far. Look forward to see how you are going and it just might motivate me some more.

    ReplyDelete

Lovin' your thoughts leave them here or email me direct.
Oh and Hi!